Saturday, December 1, 2012

God, You & Luke 2

Today is the beginning of our reading Luke 2:1-21, and we're doing this daily. Do this whenever it fits into your day; for me it will usually be mornings but I also enjoy reading before bedtime.

Open my eyes, that I may behold
wondrous things out of your law.
(Psalm 119:18 ESV)


When you open the Bible, you aren't just opening any book. It is the inspired word from the creator of the universe who has chosen to reveal Himself to us in its words.

Hebrews 4:12 reminds us: "For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart."

I love looking at the realness of the words of the story. Join me here,FB or by email as we read HIStory for the next 23 days. If you have children read this aloud to them also... I think you might be amazed at how quickly it sinks into their memory.

No comments: