Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day 19. {{ God, You & Luke 2 }}

Luke 2:7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

When we think of nativities we think of Jesus lying in a cute little wooden manger. The criss cross style, filled with soft hay. It's rectangle shaped and just right for the length of a baby.

When I was in Jerusalem last year, my friend Chris took me to the Pool of Bethesda. It was my very last day and I was flying out that night. I soaked up as much of Israel as I could. It was pouring rain and I would have wandered longer and taken more pictures if not for that reason.
But those squares you see in the photo are what mangers really looked like in the days of Jesus. He would have been placed in one of these, not the wooden manger we know.

No comments: