Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day 6. {{ God, You & Luke 2 }}

thinking this morning and several times about this verse:

17 "When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child,..."

The shepherds have always been the characters I am drawn to. I think of when the angel came and they went to see Jesus, it says they spread the word.

In the last few years there have been moments God has spoken to me. Sometimes, I didn't really want to accept what He was telling me...like when it was to surrender everything and move to Israel. It was a touchy topic but within months I was embracing those words to me and the changes that had taken place in my heart.
Another time He was calling me to go back for a different purpose. This time I would go alone and meet up with 12 people who were strangers to me and be in His land for nearly three weeks.

When God speaks to you, it's "Life Changing". You aren't the same anymore. You can't be, You have been touched by His voice, His words, His presence. And who among us could keep that a secret? You don't want to...you want to tell everyone, spread the word. Like the shepherds go tell anyone who will listen and people marvel because deep down they want to hear from God too.

Yes, it's special when God speaks to you, He chooses to impart something to YOU.
He chooses because you have made a decision to come to him by reading His Word. Every time we come to read our Bibles He speaks. Even in reading the same passage daily, we get something new...Come read me with me...Luke 2.

No comments: