Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day 15. {{ God, You &Luke 2 }}

I haven't been able to post every day like I wanted but thoughts continue to run through my mind regarding our Luke 2 passage.
Today, as I was hearing the tv in the background, I heard a reference to " the hands that carved the rock..."
My mind immediately went to God who spoke the mountains (the rock) into existence. I thought of Mary who no doubt was the first to lay human hands on Jesus, God, the baby... As she took the birthing position and squatted to bring him into this new world. A new world yet not completely unfamiliar to him. As he is pushed from one world into another she grabs him. The hands of his mother will hold him and comfort him the rest of his days.
vs. 7 "And she gave birth to her first-born son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths, and laid him in a manger..."
I think how these are the hands God chose for his son. Never think your life isn't miraculously chosen. We never really understand the depth and wonder of our lives because we're too busy being caught up in ourselves. He has made you for his purpose, his design on your life is for a reason and you are wonderfully, fearfully made....yet another miracle.

No comments: