Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 4. {{ God, You & Luke 2 }}

My thoughts this morning are not real spiritual...well, I guess that's not true. they are "very" spiritual but from the dark side of the spirit realm.

When I chose to do this daily reading in Luke 2 and blog about it, I didn't take into account what it might bring to my life in regards to spiritual warfare. Yesterday was bad. It was like "hell broke loose" bad. So while I'm crying and wading through the trenches of the day it hits me....
What must the warfare have been like the night He came? The night Jesus broke through the barriers of time and space to come that we (mankind) might be free. Was there a battle in the heavenlies between the angels of God and the angels that were cast from Heaven eons ago? did they try to prevent His coming? not understand it? "What? God himself going down there?"

I imagine a fierce battle with swords drawn and the deafening sound of beating angels' wings. Then I imagine a host, thousands of angels guarding and ushering the coming of Jesus as He travels from his home in Heaven to fulfill his Father's will. Though there is a battle in the heavenly realm, we are reminded as We continue to read Luke 2 daily, the battle is won.
He goes before you and me. And while we may wade through the trenches, feel hopeless, lost, and cry I am reminded that in vs.6 "And while they were there, the time came for her to give birth.
7 And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn."

This night in humble surroundings, God himself, as Jesus, came to fight for us. He came to change us, give hope, go for the one lost sheep and bring it in, He binds our wounds, He is the Healer, He goes before us and FIGHTS for us, for you and me.

2 Chronicles 20:15-17
"...do not be afraid or discouraged, the battle is not yours...Take your position, stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you."

No comments: