Tuesday, July 3, 2012

PHS Graduation 2012

My Senior

The time has come and gone. It's been a month now so Pomp  Circumstance isn't
stuck in my head. The whole day played out so quickly.
The Sr. stopped by the house to grab his cap &  gown. 
I wanted several pictures but he just didn't want to take time to pose.
Ahh, boys. Mine were not camera hounds. 


I found these two walking around together. When S. first arrived at PHS he played football the very first day and made friends with Trey. Those guys have been through thick and thin together.
It did my heart good to catch them one last time. They boys were surprised to hear that for four generations our families have been friends. Their great-grandparents, their grandmothers, their moms (that's me) were best friends in 3rd grade....we go waayyy back and they didn't know.


Oh, the waiting....


Ha ha ha my little fashion statement.
To his credit I must say...From day one at PHS he wore his jeans
hanging over his boots like this. They called him "Cowboy" and he was the only
one who did that. Everyone else tried to be preppy; Son had no need for preppy. He was who he was and didn't get intimidated over not looking like the others. I love that he was secure and confident.


And while I feared he would actually walk across the stage like this, He did not. 


It's only for a moment you are mine to hold
The plans that heaven has for you
Will all too soon unfold
So many different prayers I'll pray
For all that you might do
But most of all I'll want to know
You're walking in the truth
And If I never told you
I want you to know
As I watch you grow

I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage
To dare to do great things
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
So let my love give you roots
And help you find your wings 


The days of lining up are over. 
Pomp & Circumstance plays.
As his first teacher I tear up. I remember well the struggles and triumphs
of home educating this, my youngest son. His decision to enter into public school
did not come lightly. Never once did I have to remind him to take his books nor did he leave his work behind and forgotten. It was a serious decision. He boasts that he's the only one who finished 
public high school in our family.....and he is. 


Coach H. spiffys you up before you walk across the stage. 
I notice his jaw clenched in every picture and I wonder what's going through his mind.




Tassels are turned.



The students walk off the field one last time.


And now, the night they waited for and dreamed about is over.


Congratulations Class of 2012
Paris High School


No comments: